10 Ways to Raise Money and Cut down Moving Costs removals and storage
Published on Tuesday, 20 September 2011
Moving bring about stress and anxiety to many people. Aside from the packing and transport, people often worry about the expenses involved in the move. But you can put those worries behind now for there are lots of ways in which you can raise money and cut down the costs of your move.
1. The earlier you book your travel plans, the better. Take advantage of travel discounts to save on air fares and hotel fees.
2. Instead of taking out food from restaurants, use whatever you have in the fridge to cook meals removals and storage.
3. If you are renting an apartment, collect your deposit before you relocate. Look into collecting pet deposits as well.
4. Inquire if healthy and leisure club memberships can be sold, transferred or refunded.
5. Notify your post office about your change of address. Otherwise, you won't get your tax refund checks.
6. If you are moving because of a job reassignment, check if your company can grant subsidies in the moving costs.
7. Consider packing on your own instead of hiring movers. Give yourself ample amount of time to do this to avoid haphazard packing.
8. It is best to move during non-peak seasons to avoid inflated truck rental rates.
9. Arrange a garage sale for excess items.
10. Be watchful of discounts, promos, coupons offered by businesses in your new neighborhood.
House Removals ©2008 - Dec 20, 2014, 02:59 am